Zur Übersicht - INFO - Neueste 50 Beiträge - Neuer Beitrag - Suchen - Zum C-Control-I-Forum - Zum C-Control-II-Forum

Re: Voltcraft USB programmer cable Win 7 64 bit driver install Kategorie: Pro-Bot128 (von PepeV - 20.12.2011 10:18)
Als Antwort auf Re: Voltcraft USB programmer cable Win 7 64 bit driver install von UlliS - 19.12.2011 17:18
Ich nutze:
C-Control Pro Mega128
> > > Hello Pepe,
> > >
> > > the V 1.0 Programmer (see CD Lable) works only with 32-bit Systems (Vista & Win7).
> > > The new version V 2.0 works mith 64-bit.
> > > The old programmer V 1.0, you need to reprogram the factory settings.
> > > Then you can use the original driver.
> > >
> > > http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx
> > >
> > > See AN144 and use the CP210xSetIDs.exe to reprogram.
> > >
> > > VID, PID and divece string see attachemend..
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > > Ulli
> > >
> >
> > Hi Ulli,
> >
> > OK, this sounds a lot more convenient than my procedure. But before I try it I have this question:
> > If I reprogram my V.1 programmer cable, will I still be able to use it with my other computer which
> > runs on XP (32 bit)? And if so, wil I have to reinstall the driver there?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Pepe
>
> Youneed the new Silabs driver, works Xp up!
>
> Ulli
>
Hi Ulli,

I'm still not sure. Remember, I'm just an amateur, not an professional programmer!

AN144 says:
To use CP210xSetIDs.exe, it is necessary to have the devices connected and have the unmodified
device drivers that shipped with the original CP210x kit installed. The customized device driver
installation files that contain the VID and PID values should also be installed.

Now we are not talking about a CP210x kit but about a Voltcraft programmer cable. Does the above
mean that I should do the following in Windows 7 64 bit:
1. Remove all installed VCP drivers.
2. Install the V.1 Voltcraft driver that came on the CD with the cable.
3. Plug in the cable.
4. Run CP210xSetIDs.exe and reprogram.
Is this correct and sufficient?

Then for my other computer which runs XP you write: You need the new Silabs driver, works XP up!
Does that mean that I should do the following:
1. Remove the V.1 Voltcraft driver that came on the CD with the cable (and which is working right now!)
2. Install the latest Silabs driver (changing VID and PID in the inf file using the step by step procedure
of my first posting).
If this is true, I should better leave everything on both computers as it is, since it is working now.

Regards,
Pepe

Antwort schreiben

Antworten: