Zur Übersicht - INFO - Neueste 50 Beiträge - Neuer Beitrag - Suchen - Zum C-Control-I-Forum - Zum C-Control-II-Forum

Re: Voltcraft USB programmer cable Win 7 64 bit driver install Kategorie: Pro-Bot128 (von UlliS - 19.12.2011 9:27)
Als Antwort auf Voltcraft USB programmer cable Win 7 64 bit driver install von PepeV - 15.12.2011 21:58

> Hi all,
>
> Last year I have many times tried to install a driver for the Voltcraft USB programmer cable in
> Windows 7 64 bit. Despite many advices on this forum, I did not succeed. And I was not the only
> one. The driver â??Treiber fĂźr Voltcraft USB Programmer (VISTA 32/64 Bit, Windows7 32/64 Bit)â?
> which is available on http://www.c-control.de/c-control-pro/software,_treiber,
> _downloads/software,_treiber,_downloads.html did not work, even when itâ??s name promises so.
> Frustrating! But last week I finally got a driver installed!
>
> The procedure I had to follow is so complicated that one can hardly expect a ProBot128 beginner
> to find it out for himself. If other contributors to this list got it working too, as they wrote, I wonder
> why no one ever posted a decent step by step procedure. Peter?
> Anyway, I hope to do other Windows 7 64 bit users a favor with the following instruction.
>
> 1. Remove the driver that came with the Voltcraft USB programmer cable if you installed it. To do
> this, plug in the cable and delete the corresponding entry in the Device Manager.
>
> 2. Remove the cable and donâ??t plug it in again until after the last step.
>
> 3. Remove all virtual com port (VCP) drivers you installed previously. Use Control Panel.  
>
> 4. Download CP210x_VCP_Win_XP_S2K3_Vista_7.exe from
> http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx
>

> 5. Run this program to install version 6.5 of the Silabs VCP driver. This driver is intended for use
> with certain Silabs CP210x products and will not work with the programmer cable. To make it work,
> one has to adapt the file slabvcp.inf before (!) installing the driver. The problem is that this file is
> only present on disk when the driver is already installed. The following is to get round this problem.
>
> 6. The Silabs files are default copied to C:SiLabs.
> Go to C:SiLabsMCUCP210xWindows_XP_S2K3_Vista_7 and open the file slabvcp.inf.
>
> 7. In this file change the vendor ID to that of the programmer cable:  USBVID_179A&PID_41AF.
> To do that, change the lines below [SiLabs] and [SiLabs.NTamd64] as follows:
>
> [SiLabs]
> %USBVID_179A&PID_41AF.DeviceDesc%=silabser.Dev, USBVID_179A&PID_41AF
>
> [SiLabs.NTamd64]
> %USBVID_179A&PID_41AF.DeviceDesc%=silabser.Dev, USBVID_179A&PID_41AF
>
> 8. Make a copy of the complete folder C:SiLabs with sub folders and place it somewhere else,
> e.g. on the desktop.
>
> 9. Go to Control Panel to remove the Silabs driver you just installed. This will erase the complete
> folder C:SiLabs.
>
> 10. Copy the saved Silabs folder (the one on the desktop) to C:.
>
> 11. Go to C:SiLabsMCUCP210xWindows_XP_S2K3_Vista_7 and run CP210xVCPInstaller.exe.
> This will install the Silabs driver again but now with the correct Vendor ID in the file slabvcp.inf.
>
> 12. Plug in the programmer cable and check in Device Manager whether the driver is installed
> correctly. There should be an entry:
> Ports (COM & LPT)
> with sub entry:
> %USBVID_179A&PID_41AF.DeviceDesc%(COM3)
>
> Succes!
> Pepe

Hello Pepe,

the V 1.0 Programmer (see CD Lable) works only with 32-bit Systems (Vista & Win7).
The new version V 2.0 works mith 64-bit.
The old programmer V 1.0, you need to reprogram the factory settings.
Then you can use the original driver.

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx

See AN144 and use the CP210xSetIDs.exe to reprogram.

VID, PID and divece string see attachemend..

Best regards,

Ulli

12.jpg:

Antwort schreiben

Antworten:

Re: Voltcraft USB programmer cable Win 7 64 bit driver install (von PepeV - 27.12.2011 16:47)
Re: Voltcraft USB programmer cable Win 7 64 bit driver install (von PepeV - 19.12.2011 12:52)
    Re: Voltcraft USB programmer cable Win 7 64 bit driver install (von UlliS - 19.12.2011 17:18)
        Re: Voltcraft USB programmer cable Win 7 64 bit driver install (von PepeV - 20.12.2011 10:18)