Zur Übersicht - INFO - Neueste 50 Beiträge - Neuer Beitrag - Suchen - Zum C-Control-I-Forum - Zum C-Control-II-Forum

Re: Synchronisationsproblem mit Input-Capture und Timer-Overflow Interrupt Kategorie: Programmierung C (von PepeV - 25.04.2012 13:27)
Als Antwort auf Re: Synchronisationsproblem mit Input-Capture und Timer-Overflow Interrupt von Torsten - 24.04.2012 20:31
Ich nutze:
C-Control Pro Mega128, Pro-Bot128
> > Hi Torsten,
> >
> > The principle is as follows.
> > Program a 1 ms counter and make sure it is set to zero it at the end of your function
> > ICT3IrqCapture. When ICT3IrqCapture is called again, this ms counter would then give an
> > approximate value of the period time (in ms). One could then use this value to calculate the
> > number of overflows of the Input Capture Timer.
> >
> > Example.
> > Suppose the difference between the current and the previous value of the Input Capture Register
> > is 65289. Then the period time could be 4.427 ms or 8.870 ms or 13.314 ms etc.
> > If the value of the ms counter is 8, I would know that 8,870 ms is the correct value. And even if
> > the ms counter is one short (7) or one in excess (9), I still would know that 8,870 ms is the
> > correct value.
> >
> > Outline of the program.
> > Set up and run a millisecond timer and assign to it an IRQ function that increases a variable
> > MST_Ticks every 1 ms. E.g. Timer_T0Time(230, PS0_64) would give ticks of 0,9983 ms.
> >
> > Define some time quantities (in ns):
> > #define ICT_Tick_ns 6.782e1 // the length of a tick of the Input Capture Timer
> > #define ICT_Range_ns 4.444e6 // the range of the Input Capture Timer (= 2^16 * ICT_Tick_ns)
> > #define MST_Tick_ns 9.983e5 // the length of a tick of the millisecond timer
> >
> > Adapt your ICT3IrqCapture:
> > ICT_Ticks = New_ICR_Value - Old_ICR_Value;
> > ICT_Overflows = round((MST_Ticks*MST_Tick_ns - ICT_Ticks*ICT_Tick_ns) / ICT_Range_ns);
> > PeriodTime = ICT_Overflows*ICT_Range_ns + ICT_Ticks*ICT_Tick_ns;
> > MST_Ticks = 0;
> >
> > This should do the trick. Only in the case of very long period times (order of seconds) errors
> > would arise caused by limited accuracy of real variables. In that case some optimization
> > could probably be achieved by doing the calculations in ICT ticks instead of ns and using
> > dwords instead of reals where possible. Also, when the program would cause delays that
> > prevent handling the interrupts of the ms timer or the Input Capture Timer for more than 1 ms,
> > errors would arise.
> >
> > If any questions remain, let me know.
> > I could not test this program so I would be curious to know the results.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Pepe
>
>
> Hi Pepe,
>
> estimate the overflows will make the same problem.
> Between the input-capture event and the call of the
> interrupt function passes by too much time.
> The second timer will keep on running.
> But is the second timer near the overrun border,
> he is counting one too much.
> This is supplying a wrong value occasionally.
> It would be nice, we have more information about
> the interrupt handling of the byte-code interpreter.
> Unfortunately it seems to be a secret of the C-Control developer.
> This turns the C-Control into a miracle bag.
>
> Regards Torsten
>

Hi Torsten,

It's not exactly the same because the solution I suggest is much less sensitive to delays between
input-capture event and the call of the interrupt function. It can withstand delays up to 1 ms
whilst the solution with the overflow counter can withstand only delays up to 6.78 ns.
I would say: try it!

Regards,
Pepe

Antwort schreiben

Antworten:

Re: Synchronisationsproblem mit Input-Capture und Timer-Overflow Interrupt (von Torsten - 27.04.2012 20:41)
    Re: Synchronisationsproblem mit Input-Capture und Timer-Overflow Interrupt (von PepeV - 28.04.2012 16:05)
        Re: Synchronisationsproblem mit Input-Capture und Timer-Overflow Interrupt (von Torsten - 1.05.2012 8:18)
            Re: Synchronisationsproblem mit Input-Capture und Timer-Overflow Interrupt (von PepeV - 1.05.2012 21:48)
                Re: Synchronisationsproblem mit Input-Capture und Timer-Overflow Interrupt (von Torsten - 2.05.2012 21:02)
                    Re: Synchronisationsproblem mit Input-Capture und Timer-Overflow Interrupt (von PepeV - 4.05.2012 15:15)
                       Re: Synchronisationsproblem mit Input-Capture und Timer-Overflow Interrupt (von Torsten - 5.05.2012 6:26)
                          Re: Synchronisationsproblem mit Input-Capture und Timer-Overflow Interrupt (von PepeV - 5.05.2012 14:45)
                             Re: Synchronisationsproblem mit Input-Capture und Timer-Overflow Interrupt (von Torsten - 6.05.2012 8:34)
                                Re: Synchronisationsproblem mit Input-Capture und Timer-Overflow Interrupt (von PepeV - 7.05.2012 20:33)